Saturday, March 28, 2015

How to Make this Years Fantasy Baseball Season a Success

The Guide to have a Successful Fantasy Baseball Draft Date

The Draft - If it's possible do the draft offline. Go to someone's house , or go to a place and do the draft together. There will be no auto draft which is awesome and your in the same room with your friends. You can rag on every pick even if it's a good one. The best part about fantasy baseball is the draft day and the best way to do draft day is live and off line. Get off your ipad or your laptop and do the draft in person. Buy the board and the stickers and go big.



The Format - Every body likes a different format. Personally I like head to head points. I like to see that I won or lost 450-364 to another team. I am used to this format. Some prefer categories or roto. If you do keepers keep as many or as little as you like. My keeper league we only keep five and we re draft 20. Everyone likes different things. When it comes to league size anywhere from 10-14 is the standard. However you can do eight if you have too , it's not ideal. Do a lot of positions. The more you draft the more fun the league is.


Should I Draft this Injury Risk ? - I love making sure my first hitter and pitcher I draft are guys who I trust to stay healthy. With that being said if I draft a guy who never misses games with my first pick I might be more comfortable drafting Troy Tulowitzki or Adrian Beltre with my second round pick.



Who do You not want to Draft ? - You will always run into injury risks however that doesn't mean you can avoid them all. Sometimes you have to take a risky player. Sometimes you have to take a bounce back player. For me the players I don't like to draft players who have regressed multiple seasons in a row , especially older players. Justin Verlander has been regressing each year and he just continues to look terrible. He is a guy I would avoid unless he goes really late. Do not just go early on players because of a big name. If you have a guy you think is a sleeper , a breakout , or a bounce back draft that player.



Your Mid-Late Round Picks - If you are going to win a title you need some of these picks to break out , bounce back , and just perform. These picks are extremely important. Make every pick count. Good luck this season!!

By Peter Vitella
@realpete13

No comments:

Post a Comment