Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Q & A with TUF winner Eddie "Truck" Gordon

Eddie "Truck" Graham was the middleweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter : Team Edgar vs Team Penn. It is because of the head of this site, Warren Shane Tobin, who reached out to him to see if he would answer questions. So, before I give you the Q's and A's of this fun exciting article, I'd like to sincerely thank the TUF winner for taking the time to answer my questions. Thanks obviously goes out to Shane as well for giving me the chance to do this. Follow both guys on twitter @TruckMMA_UFC and @wstobin2. Here we go!

Question 1 : How has your life changed since winning The Ultimate Fighter?

Eddie Gordon : Life has changed drastically for the better since winning The Ultimate Fighter.

Question 2 : What has it been like juggling a full time job, raising a family, and at the same time, living the life of a contracted UFC fighter?

Eddie Gordon : It was very tough juggling a full time job and fighting at once. I'm giving fighting and  the UFC my all now. Trying to change my family's life for the better.

Question 3 : What was life like growing up for you in Uniondale, New York?

Eddie Gordon : I actually grew up in Freeport. I am a Freeport guy. To me it's the best place on earth. Freeport made me who I am today.

Question 4 : With your MMA experience so far, what has been the hardest fight discipline for you to pick up on and learn?

Eddie Gordon : Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the hardest style to learn because there's so much that goes into it. Guys who have been training for thirty years are still learning new things. I've got to keep growing with it.

Question 5 : For those who don't know, where did the nickname "Truck" come from ?

Eddie Gordon : The nickname of "Truck" came from my days as a kid playing football with my brother and the older kids from the neighborhood. Running the older kids over earned me the nickname.

Question 6 : How does it feel to be able to train alongside the current UFC Middlweight Champion Chris Weidman and former UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra?

Eddie Gordon : I'm lucky to train with the best trainers and teammates in the world. I owe my success to Weidman, Matt, Ray, Eric, and the whole Serralongo team.

Question 7 : In terms of physical toughness, what has been harder on you through experience? Football or MMA?

Eddie Gordon : Football is definitely the harder sport on the body. But, MMA is very mentally tough.

Question 8 : What would be the best piece of advice you'd have to offer someone?

Eddie Gordon : Best advice I can give is to just believe in yourself and work hard. With that you can do everything.

Question 9 : Who has been your toughest opponent to date?

Eddie Gordon : My toughest opponent I'll say is myself. I compete against myself. I want to be the best me possible. Everyone I fight is tough. I don't look for or want easy fights. That's not me.

Question 10 : I've gotta ask you this. How do you feel about CM Punk signing with the UFC? And if you can get the chance to, would you face him?

Eddie Gordon : More power to CM Punk. He has a dream and he is chasing it. If they out me up against him I'm going to go at him like everyone else. No different.

Question 11 : Having fought in different weight classes throughout your career, do you feel the most comfortable and healthy at middleweight? Would you ever consider moving weight classes again while in the UFC?

Eddie Gordon : I like 185 lbs. It's a tough cut for sure. But, I gotta get it done to fight. I'll fight at 205 lbs if the UFC wants me to. I'll fight anywhere.

Question 12 : Finally, just because this has been so much fun for me. How did you find out about the site? Just really curious.

Eddie Gordon : I saw your site pop up on my timeline. Checked it out and fell in love. Thanks for having me.


And with that, I say thank you for giving me the chance to ask you questions. It definitely was a lot of fun to be able to talk to a man who's at the top of the sport. Once again I'd like to thank Shane Tobin for coming to me giving me this chance. It's a dream come true to be able to interview a high level professional athlete. Give him a follow once again @wstobin2. Keep checking out the stuff on the page. It's only going to get bigger. Follow Eddie Gordon on Twitter @TruckMMA_UFC & follow him on his journey to success in the UFC. We will be watching here at The League Sports Blog for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment