Saturday, January 3, 2015

NFL Playoff Preview

Playoff Picks
Prediction: Arizona Cardinals 20 Carolina Panthers 13
I pick the Arizona Cardinals over the Carolina Panthers for a few reasons to win the game. I think the Arizona Cardinals are going to have to dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I think that the Cardinals are going to have to rely on the running game especially with quarterbacks Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton are out with knee injuries.  I think the Cardinals are going to need big games from running backs Kerwynn Williams and Stepfan Taylor. I think the Cardinals are going to need a big game from their defensive linemen especially from defensive end 6'8 300 pound Calais Campbell.  I think he will play a big factor against the run and pass. Cam Newton is going to have a tough time finding a rhythm even if the game is at Carolina and I don't think the Panthers are going to be able to run the ball effectively even throw the ball effectively to tight end Greg Olsen and wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin because of the stout defense of the Arizona Cardinals.

Prediction: Pittsburgh Steelers 27 and Baltimore Ravens 17
In This game is going to be very hard hitting and this game will be close throughout the whole game but I think the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to have the edge. I think the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to have big games from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wide receiver Antonio Brown. Even though running back Le'Veon Bell is out, I think offensive coordinator Todd Haley will have a great schematical plan and will come up with a great strategy to get wide receiver Antonio Brown in space to be very productive. I think defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will show a lot of different schemes and looks against the Ravens offense. They are going to try to get Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco rattled and off balanced in the pocket. In this matchup, the Steelers are going to have to stop the run and try to make Baltimore one dimensional. Due to the weather conditions and the speculation of rain, I think this is going to be more of a running and quick passing game.

Follow me on Twitter
@JordanGrubin23



No comments:

Post a Comment